Welcome to the Centre for Medieval Studies. We are devoted to the history, thought, and artistic expression of the various cultures that flourished in and around Europe between approximately 500 and 1500. More about CMS »
Medieval Studies News
The Canadian Society of Medievalists will be holding its annual meeting at Ryerson University, from Saturday, 27 May to Monday, 29 May 2017. The plenary address will be delivered by the Centre’s Director, Suzanne Conklin Akbari on Saturday, 27 May, … Continue reading
The Centre is soliciting one-page abstracts from CMS students for 30-minute papers dealing with any aspect of medieval studies. Submissions for papers on any topic are welcome: history, literature (Latin and/or vernacular), art history, philosophy, music, medicine, etc. The colloquium … Continue reading
Further Medieval Studies News
- Prestigious TATP Teaching Excellence Award: one CMS PhD student short-listed
- Congratulations to Kathryn Salzer, Mary Dzon, and Catherine Conybeare for their new books!
- Congratulations to Andrew Hicks for his new book!
- Toronto Old English Colloquium – 9 May 2017
- Medieval Academy of America Meeting 2017 — a great success
- Toronto medievalists at IMC Kalamazoo 2017