Welcome to the Centre for Medieval Studies. We are devoted to the history, thought, and artistic expression of the various cultures that flourished in and around Europe between approximately 500 and 1500. More about CMS »
Medieval Studies News
Don’t miss the upcoming lectures and conferences at the Centre for Medieval Studies! Consult the full list here.
We acknowledge with deep sadness the death of Professor A.G. Rigg on Monday, 7 January 2019. We are all of us the poorer for the loss of this kind, good, and brilliant man.
In 2014 the Dictionary of Old English (DOE) welcomed its new staff Chief Editor, Roy M. Liuzza, and new Drafting Editors, Rob Getz and Stephen Pelle. Continuing the work of the DOE is a great privilege and a great challenge, … Continue reading
Further Medieval Studies News
- Working with Islamic Manuscripts, Oct 17
- CMS Eighth Annual Alumni Lecture: Helen Solterer, 24 October 2019
- Medieval Ethiopia: A Second Colloquium (11-12 October)
- Commenting and Commentary: The Historical Emergence of a Global Interpretive Mode, 4-6 October 2019
- Lecture by Barbara H. Rosenwein, Sept. 26
- “We are all servants” — The Diversity of Service in Premodern Europe (20-22 Sept)