Welcome to the Centre for Medieval Studies. We are devoted to the history, thought, and artistic expression of the various cultures that flourished in and around Europe between approximately 500 and 1500. More about CMS »
Medieval Studies News
The Centre for Medieval Studies would like to highlight the publication of From Learning to Love: Schools, Law, and Pastoral Care in the Middle Ages. Essays in Honour of Joseph W. Goering, edited by Tristan Sharp with Isabelle Cochelin, Greti … Continue reading
In 2014 the Dictionary of Old English (DOE) welcomed its new staff Chief Editor, Roy M. Liuzza, and new Drafting Editors, Rob Getz and Stephen Pelle. Continuing the work of the DOE is a great privilege and a great challenge, … Continue reading
Further Medieval Studies News
- 6th Cologne–Toronto Graduate Student Colloquium – 1-3 November 2018
- 7th Annual CMS Alumni Lecture: Oren Falk – 8 November 2018
- SMC-PIMS Symposium 2018 – 19-20 October 2018
- Congratulations to Mairi Cowan for receiving a teaching excellence award!
- Congratulations to our recent PhD students!
- The Implications of Reading Brian Stock Colloquium – 15 March 2019