Welcome to the Centre for Medieval Studies. We are devoted to the history, thought, and artistic expression of the various cultures that flourished in and around Europe between approximately 500 and 1500. More about CMS »
Medieval Studies News
We acknowledge with deep sadness the death of Professor A.G. Rigg on Monday, 7 January 2019. We are all of us the poorer for the loss of this kind, good, and brilliant man.
In 2014 the Dictionary of Old English (DOE) welcomed its new staff Chief Editor, Roy M. Liuzza, and new Drafting Editors, Rob Getz and Stephen Pelle. Continuing the work of the DOE is a great privilege and a great challenge, … Continue reading
Further Medieval Studies News
- Congratulations to our recent PhD graduate!
- Congratulation to alumnus Connell Monette for his new publication, presented to the Pope in the presence of King Mohammed VI of Morocco!
- New bilingual resource for learning about medieval manuscripts (a project involving CMS alumni and Faculty)
- The 2019 Étienne Gilson Lecture with Prof. John van Engen
- Lecture by Kathryn Kerby-Fulton–10 April 2019
- Congratulations to alumna Jessie Sherwood